2018 Scholarship Application
The Douglas County Fish and Game League is offering $250 to $1,000.00 scholarships to eligible High School Seniors who are, or who are planning on, attending an institution of higher learning to pursue a career related to Environmental or Biological Sciences. Applications will be accepted from the Northwestern, Northwood, Solon Springs and Superior High Schools. The application deadline is April 20, 2018. Notice of award will be given at least one week before the regular meeting which is the first Wednesday in May at 7:00 p.m. at the Upper Deck Restaurant.
1. Applicants must be a High School Senior, in good standing, who is applying to, or accepted by, an accredited College/University to pursue a career in Forestry, Field Biology, Environmental Science, in support of Natural Sciences (DNR) or related field.
2. Submit at least one signed letter of recommendation with contact information from a non-relative who is familiar your goals and aptitude.
3. Provide your contact information including your First and Last Name, Mailing Address, email and phone. Also include your High School Name, Address, email and phone along with your cumulative High School GPA or provide transcripts from your school's registrar or councilor and what course of study and institution you plan on attending.
4. Write a, 300-600 word, typed essay addressing at least one of the following choices:
a) Relate a personal experience or program(s) you may have experienced that has helped you to pursue the field of environmental/biological studies.
b) Define your motivation for choosing to enter the field of environmental/biological studies and what you would like to accomplish.
c) How you have gained the skill and knowledge that will help you to be successful while working in environmental/biological fields.
5. Applications must be postmarked two days before or hand delivered on the deadline by 4:00 p.m. CST.
Send application documents to: SHS FGLDC c/o Bill Reynolds, 2600 Catlin Avenue, Superior, WI 54880
Click the PDF for FISH AND GAME LEAGUE OF DOUGLAS COUNTY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION